Getting to Know C8 Science’s New Version of ACTIVATE
For C8 Sciences, it’s all about pushing the boundaries of learning…to improve brain functioning directly and enable students to learn content-based course materials more easily. Our products are based on proprietary research developed at Yale School of Medicine by Dr. Bruce Wexler, and have evolved to the point that they hold the potential for a paradigm change in U.S. healthcare.Our initial product in the battle against Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and more, ACTIVATE, is being used with transformative results in numerous schools and educational programs in myriad of settings – in fact, children with learning difficulties including ADHD have shown remarkable improvement since being exposed to the program’s protocols.
But this is just the beginning.
Welcome to the Next Generation
C8 Sciences has recently rolled out a new HTML5 version of ACTIVATE. The initial beta implementations took place in three schools in Hamden, Connecticut where Yale began the second year of the NIH-funded study of the use of our program for children with ADHD. Then the beta versions of the new HTML5 ACTIVATE student game and School Portal for teachers and program administrators was released for use by our school customers, and over 1500 students began using it in the first week. Educators now enjoy a user-friendly website with which to manage our program and access student data.
A Look Inside the New ACTIVATE
What are the benefits of this new version of our game-changing tactic in the fight against ADHD? How exactly does ACTIVATE battle attention deficit in the classroom…and how does the program assist in other areas such as executive function and working memory?
• HTML5 works on virtually any device – including iPad and Kindle Fire
• New “gameplay” experience keeps kids engaged while challenging their ability to sustain attention
• New rewards system motivates kids to stick with the program – they can use in-game rewards to customize a car, decorate a dollhouse, design a zoo or build a garden
• New School Portal provides teachers unprecedented access to cognitive data and resources
• On-demand professional development allows any staff member to succeed with minimum disruption
• A wide variety of new resources and videos now available for running the Physical Exercise Program
ACTIVATE: Helping ADHD in the Classroom, At Home, and in the Healthcare Sector
In the classroom, ACTIVATE™ Education works by:
• Improving Student Attention – Combining computer and physical exercises, ACTIVATE Education helps strengthen the brain systems important for executive function and working memory.
• Enhancing Academic Skills – ACTIVATE Education helps improve attention, memory, self-regulation and cognitive flexibility to increase student achievement inside and outside of the classroom.
• Creating a Faster Track to Inclusion for IEP Students – ACTIVATE Education is a powerful tool for helping special education students suffering from cognitive obstacles.
For parents, ACTIVATE™ Home Access focuses on:
• Enhancing Student Achievement
• Offering Drug-Free Help for ADHD – ACTIVATE Home Access has become a powerful tool for helping children suffering from cognitive obstacles such as ADHD and autism, while also representing a drug-free supplement in treating these disorders.
ACTIVATE™ Healthcare makes a difference through:
• Next-Generation Cognitive Training
• Remaining Engaging for the Patient – ACTIVATE Healthcare boasts built-in patient engagement features to improve patient fidelity, while computer exercises and physical exercises are both designed not only to improve vital brain functions but to engage the patient’s attention.
• Easy Implementation – ACTIVATE Healthcare includes a patient management dashboard that simplifies and reduces clinician workload, thus making it a powerful tool in diagnosing and helping children suffering from cognitive deficits.
A Word From Our President and CEO Ken Coleman
“From ADHD in the classroom and executive function concerns to working memory, our ACTIVATE system does nothing but good for educators. With this new version of ACTIVATE, we’re pushing the envelope of what is possible even further because we know just how vital improving education is.”
Learn More About ACTIVATE™